Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Confession 179: Hope for the Journey

I have to be honest, I've been a bit down lately.  I'm entering into my second year without a contracted full-time job.  I interviewed for a job in which I thought God was opening a door only to find it wasn't so.  I've been surrendering and re-surrendering to God's plan but have no clear idea of what that plan might be.  I'm tired of pinching pennies and living paycheck to paycheck.  And, I miss shopping.  Materialistic?  Probably, but true.  And yet, I've learned a lot about myself and my priorities through this process.  I feel like God is teaching me some good lessons about what is important.  Furthermore, God has provided for all of our NEEDS.  He has been faithful, and I am trying to be so as well.  Although this season of my life is lasting a bit longer than I expected or desired, I know God's plan will be revealed in HIS time.  The pieces will all come together and I will look back and say, "Wow!  God is so cool!!"

And so, God led me this morning to an encouraging Word, more hope for this journey.
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation...He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  Colossians 1: 15,17

Did you get that last part?  In HIM, all things hold together.  I don't know what you're facing in your life right now, but Paul is clear here that God's got it covered.  So if you're feeling tired, overwhelmed, defeated, or anxious--if it seems like life is falling apart--take heart!  God is holding it all together!!  And, unlike us, his hands are big enough to do it all!!  God is not going to drop the ball when it comes to yours and my life!  Where we see one big mess, one impossible hurdle to overcome, God sees a master plan coming together.  I love those t-shirts that say, "Work in Progress".  I think I need that phrase stamped on my forehead! :-)  God is constantly working in our lives.  So, I'm surrendering once again to God's will today and I am taking hope and comfort in the fact that HE is holding it all together.

Blessings and Peace,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara
    Thanks for your post this morning. I have been feeling out of sorts lately too and for a lot of different reasons, none of which seem to matter when it really comes down to whats important, but sometimes in the moment it seems like "the sky is falling". So again thanks for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your honesty. Seems like we're always waiting on God for one thing or another. And waiting doesn't seem to get any easier. I liked how you said surrendering and resurrendering. Ain't that the truth. Hoping you find the peace you need in this in between place.

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family

My Family 2

My Family 2