Sunday, January 16, 2011

Confession 157: Filling the Silence

As we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. this week, I'm struck by the fact that so many prophetic voices throughout history have been suddenly and violently silenced by those who oppose or fear the truth of the message they bring. Dr. King was just one of those voices. He spoke the truth of love and justice, of equality for all and of the evils of racism and poverty. His message echoed the message of Christ who called his disciples, and still calls us, to love, to serve, to witness. I belive that it is our responsibility as Christ-followers to fill the silence of those prophets who have been taken from us.


I've included a video of U2's "Pride: In the Name of Love" which I showed in my English III class last year. Take some time today to remember Dr. King, to remember the countless others who have given their lives speaking the truth, and consider what God is calling you to speak.

Blessings and Peace,
Sara


2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for helping me get the word out about A Meal in the Mail. I apprecaite it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You're right, if God's called us to say something, we should be using our voice.

    Today I wrote about helping our children to find their voice.

    Happy Monday!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family

My Family 2

My Family 2