Monday, July 9, 2012

Confession 236: A Psalm

My good friend and spiritual mentor Liz gave me a wonderful book yesterday entitled Psalms/Now by Leslie Brandt.  This book is a contemporary interpretation of the Psalms.  I immediately opened the book to my favorite Psalm, number 121.  This interpretation only heightens my love of this beautiful message.  I thought I would share it with you this Monday morning.  And, if you get a chance, go see Liz over at God in the Everyday.

Blessings and Peace,
Sara

Psalm 121
Where should I look for help in my need?
To majestic mountain peaks that probe our skies
      or to giants of industry that hem in our cities?
To satellites that circle our world
      or to computers that store up our knowledge?

The answer to my problems
     and the fulfillment of my needs
   must come from God Himself,
      from Him who created skies and mountains
        and man to dwell in their midst.

He is a great God who knows our every desire,
whose watchful eye is upon us night and day.
We can make no move without His knowledge.
His concern for His children is constant;
His love for them is eternal.

  And thus the Lord will keep you,
Shielding you from the forces of evil
as a shade tree shields you
from the rays of the blazing sun.

 He does care for you,
and He will fight with you
against the enemies of your soul.
Whether you be coming or going,
He knows the course you take,
and He will go before you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love thinking about how He shields us from the rays of the blazing sun. Especially when it feels like we are melting this summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great read for today. Thank you.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family

My Family 2

My Family 2