Monday, May 10, 2010

Confession 99: Make a Difference Monday

I like to listen to K-Love on my way to and from work, and Mondays on K-Love are always "Make a Difference Monday." This morning, one of the dj's offered up a challenge to pray this morning for God to use you to make a difference in someone else's life without spending a dime.

Having no money, I thought this was a great idea, so I decided to put God up to the challenge. Can you use me to make a difference in the life of someone else without spending money?

So far, not so great. I told my Seniors this morning to shut up and stop being jerks, and I've virtually ignored my Juniors trying to get my Senior gift bags organized for our English IV "celebration" on Wednesday (we don't do parties) which probably mean a lot more to me than they will to them seeing as how they consist of heart stickers, Hershey's Hugs, a band-aid, kleenex and life-saver and which they'll probably toss in the trash on their way out the room.

However, the day is still young and God is capable of much more than most of us ever give him credit for, so I'm still looking to make a difference. How about you?

Blessings and Peace,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I just read your email to me and you've made a difference in my day so far! Think beyond what you can physically see and I bet you're making a difference in a lot of places! Hang in there - summer is almost here. Plus - I am friends with one of my former high school teachers on FB. And I remember many small things that she did for me and they still make me smile to this day!! They will remember those gifts! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family

My Family 2

My Family 2