Thursday, February 25, 2010

Confession 83: Lisa McKay is Becoming My Oprah

I just finished, no wait, devoured a new book by Lisa McKay entitled, You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes. Check the link on my sidebar to peruse. It is a phenomenal book! She offers real-life, relevant advice to pastor's wives, and even to pastor's themselves. My husband is reading it now and getting some great stuff from it. If you are a pastor's wife, you need to check it out. If you are not a pastor's wife, you need to buy a copy and give it to your pastor's wife as a gift. She will absolutely love you for it!

Lisa also has a wonderful website full of resources for pastor's wives and laypeople alike. You can access it from a link on the sidebar. See what you think!

Now, if Lisa could just start her own syndicated talk show! :-)

Blessings and Peace,
Sara

3 comments:

  1. I just read her book too. It was great!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book awhile back but haven't read it. Glad you enjoyed it. Makes me want to track down a copy. I have a friend who knows Lisa McKay in real life. It's nice to get advice from someone who has walked in our shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love it too and I laughed when you said "your new Oprah" cuz I totally know what you mean. I'm sad to say I still haven't read the book yet. I read her blog and all her ministry articles and can't wait to get to the book. Nice to meet you...coming over from Girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family

My Family 2

My Family 2